About Senator Bryan Breitling
Bryan Breitling announces District 23 Senate reelection
Bryan Breitling officially announces candidacy for re-election to the District 23 Senate on the Republican ticket.
These past two years have been an interesting time in history, with pandemic issues we are working through, and unprecedented economic challenges impacting all sectors of our economy! I was appointed to serve as the Senate Vice Chair of Appropriations in my first term, tackling head on, the challenges of the state’s economic impacts, addressing the federal stimulus, and guiding fiscal policy the past two years. With the ARPA and infrastructure investment stimulus continuing into the next term, our work is not finished. I am asking for your support to continue to set good fiscal policy for the state of South Dakota.
Growing up in District 23, spending most of my adult life and raising my three kids here, District 23 still holds the traditional South Dakota values we expect and seek out in our social relationships. Coming from a strong family life, to serving in the Army National Guard for eleven years, including one tour oversees in Desert Shield/Desert Storm, I understand leadership principles, which show respect and honor to those who have served before and to those who have taken on leadership positions. There are things we can all agree on, and there is a way to disagree without being disagreeable. Working together gives us the best outcomes for our state
Serving as administrator for the Avera Hand County Memorial Hospital & Courtyard Villa Assisted Living Center for the past twenty-one years, the Miller School Board for six years, On Hand Development for eleven years, Hand in Hand Daycare board for five years, and various committees and boards at the Miller United Methodist Church and others, I understand rural South Dakota. In 2016, I received the Rural Dakota Pride Award from the Farmer’s Union Foundation “in recognition of volunteer efforts in your community and throughout South Dakota”. I am invested in our rural way of life and want to see north central South Dakota succeed!
I have learned so much in my time in the Senate. Thank you for considering me to continue to serve you in the South Dakota Senate!
A little about Bryan Breitling
- Graduate of Roscoe High School in 1987
- Northern State University graduate in 1992, double major in Accounting & Finance
- Married my wife Mary in 1992
- Three Children, Mason (Emily), Camden, and Abby
- Served in the Army National Guard from 1986 – 1997, one Army tour in Desert Storm
- Rural Healthcare Administrator since 1993
- University of Sioux Falls, Masters in Business Administration, Emphasis in Health Care
- Bowdle Healthcare Administrator 1995 – 2001
- Avera Hand County Administrator 2001 – present
- Member of the Miller United Methodist Church
- Pro life, pro liberty, pro education, pro economic development, and pro outdoor activities
- Owns multiple guns/rifles
- Served in the SD Senate 2021-2022, Vice Chair of Senate Appropriations, Appointed Chair of the Medical and Adult Use Marijuana Summer Study of 2021.